Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!

Well the morning started out with waking up, all smiles, and loving the balloons and decorations all over the house. Lydia "aahed" and "oohed" at all the Pink!

Birthday breakfast was banana pancakes with whip cream. MMMmmm!!! Sissy loves bananas.

Then it was off to pick up the Cake, and more balloons for the party! I still can't believe that she used to be so small in this carseat, and now she's getting so big. She only weighs in at 17.83 lbs though, so we have awhile before she will be forward facing and in a big girl carseat. That's okay. You take your time getting big.

Well here's the spread! Perfect for a princess!! She's so spoiled!

So after everything was all set up, we sat patiently waiting for the guests to arrive. I still don't think she really knew what was going on.

She was so sweet, and only tried a couple of times to dig into the cake during picture time.


As soon as everyone arrived, we started the party with a wonderful, messy, but oh so yummy spaghetti dinner. Sis loves her spaghetti!

Time for a quick wash up before opening presents, and getting messy again with the cake. I was so excited about the cake! I knew that with how messy she is with her food, she would probably be the same with her cake. Noah didn't want anything to do with his, so I was planning on her making up for that :)

We decided to do presents first, and she was the center of attention. The only thing missing was her princess throne.

Noah helped his sister open all of her presents. I think he thought this night was for him. He was pretty good though to let her have the spotlight.

She got so spoiled with clothes and shoes, her first Baby Doll, My Little Pony, and a Tinker Bell movie. Mathis was getting a little overwhelmed with all of the pink girly things :) I told him to get over it, cause it was my turn to enjoy the girly things. He's had 3 years of tennis, and cars, and trucks, and balls. It was nice to see dolls! Thanks for coming into my world Sis!

She got her first rocking chair from grandma and papa. We are going to have a lot of fun with this chair. Story time, and rocking babies. I'm so excited!

But of all the presents, her favorite was this little princess car that her Aunt Jamie gave to her. Way to go Jamie! She loves it so much. It plays fun music, and the princesses spin around and dance for her. It was even a hit with Noah. We've had to remind him several times that it's Lydia's, not Noah's. Maybe I need to go find one for him :)

Ok so now for the famous Birthday Song, and Cake Time!!

Noah helped his sister blow out her #1 candle. He tried so hard, but just couldn't build up enough wind to blow it out. So Daddy had to secretly help :)

Alright Sis, dig in! What are you waiting for? She wasn't so sure at first. She started to touch it a little but wasn't really digging in like I had hoped.

So Daddy gave her a little help.

She kind of looked at us like, "Is this okay?" And then she just took off! Digging and eating!! It was so funny. We had cake flipping all over!

She paused for a few minutes for some water, which ended up turning into a soupy mess of watery pink frosting. I didn't care. This was so much fun! Go ahead and stain the carpet!

Dig in and enjoy this baby! You only have a #1 birthday once right!? I was so proud of her. She definitley made up for Noah not getting into his cake at all.

When she was finished, she had this look of complete satisfaction. "I did it! That was sooo yummy!!"

We love you Lydia! You definitely are such a joy to our little family. We are looking forward to many more birthdays like this one! Thanks to our family for joining in on celebrating our Lydi-bug's birthday. We love you! To our family far away, I hope these pictures made you feel like you were there :) We love you too!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Now I am officially sad! I wish we could have been there. What a cutie! I love that little girl.

The cake pictures are my favorite.

Meg said...

How fun! She is so little. My baby is already at least 19 lbs and she is not even 8 months. I don't think Cambri will be able to last in her baby carseat for much longer. You look great by the way!

The Waldron Family said...

I can't believe she is 1! Wow! Looks like a really FUN day!