Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Morning

This was our first year waking up Easter morning at our house with just our little family. It was so fun, and relaxing! The first thing Noah did was run straight to his basket. He didn't even look at the chocolate eggs on the floor leading to the basket.

Lydia, however went straight for the chocolate eggs! She had to pick up every single one. I had to take them from her hands, and point out her basket. She just wanted her chocolate. True girl!

This was Noah's goodies. He got his Easter outfit, shoes, and his basket was full of his favorite candies. He also got some bubbles, the Crayola Glow Station, and a remote control car. He was a little spoiled this year, but those were some of the things he didn't get for Christmas that I wanted him to get. So the Easter Bunny was kind this year.

Lydia's dress I found last minute. I actually had already bought one, but when I saw this one it just screamed "Lydia!" Her basket had some yummy treats, bubbles, a Tinker Bell doll, some dress-up beads, and a cute book.

"What's inside this?" She was so curious, but she hesitated to rip open the wrapping over her basket.

These are her little beads. She loves necklaces and bracelets! I think we are going to have a fashion princess on our hands :) Watch out Daddy!

Noah had no trouble digging through his basket to find all of his goodies.

Daddy helped Lydia find the rest of her presents. She loved her Tinker Bell!

And Noah found his car! He was so excited! The only problem was that the "Easter Bunny" forgot to leave batteries for it. So Dad had to take a quick trip to the store, because he wanted to play with it sooo bad! I think that was the longest moment in his life, waiting for those batteries :)

Lydia stayed busy though. That was good since I wanted to start breakfast quickly so we could eat, and get ready for the parties we had that day.

I think Noah only had m&ms for breakfast. He still is so picky. He did share them with his sister though. We had chocolate fingers, and faces in no time :) Easter morning was so much fun with our little family! Happy Easter!!! (I will post the rest of our day in a little bit.)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

What a fun Easter! I just can't get over how cute your kids are! How is everything with you??

Meg Cook said...

Cute pics! I love that little dress you got Lydia. It is so cute. I'm glad you had a good Easter!

Silvia said...

how cute Kari! I love your blog! And your kids are just so big! I can't believe it! Looks like you had a great Easter!