
A few Sundays ago, we decided to take a walk to the park down from our house. It was a little chilly outside, but we thought if we bundled up it would be fun for a little bit. The kids were getting stir crazy in the house, and needed to get some energy out :) Lydia just stared at her shadow when we got there. I don't think she understood this "park" thing yet.

Oh but not Noah! He headed straight for the "Rocket" slide.

Sissy headed for the slides, but was still interested in what her shadow was doing more than the slides :)

So Daddy showed her how the slides work. Once he helped her, that's all she wanted to do. Climb up, and slide down! Over and over.

Meanwhile, Noah was off doing his own thing. Doing his workout is what he calls hanging from the bars. I think he learned that from his Dad :)

He has so much fun at the park. I get so nervous when he starts climbing. The last thing I want is his first trip to the ER for stitches. (we've already done the ER thing when he ate a cashew, and don't want to go back)

After a little while on the slides, it was time to run like "Dash" to the swings!

"Let's go Sis! We have to catch up to 'fast-as-dash'."

Oops! This grass stuff is different to walk on :) I think she liked feeling it though, because she stayed down for awhile just picking at it.

"Come on Noah! Let's race to the swings!"

Lydia was not in a hurry to get there. I think she wanted to be cautious walking on the bumpy grass.

Well, Noah won the race to the swings. He jumped on and is learning how to swing on his own. I'm just glad he still wants to swing with mommy to go really "high in the sky!" It won't be too long before he won't want to sit on my lap and swing :(

Daddy helped Lydi-bug on the swings. They were having so much fun even though the wind picked up and it started getting really cold!

Time to race back to the slides for more fun!

I love my Boys!!! They are the best men in my life :)

And there's my little princess. I don't know what we'd do without her!

Before we headed home, there is this outdoor stage at the park that Noah just had to race his cars on. At this point it is beginning to get pretty chilly with the wind-factor. If the wind wouldn't have picked up, it would have stayed really nice out.

So we stayed bundled and close together so Noah could race for a little bit.

"On your mark. Get set. GO!!"

She's got him wrapped around her little finger ;) I just love it!!

And he melts my heart! We had such a fun day together. This day was a great reminder of what family is all about. We are looking forward to the warmer weather, so we can visit the park without getting frozen hands and noses :) Bring on the Spring!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment