
Ok so on Wednesday we headed up to my mom's to make some Valentine's Cookies! While my mom and I got everything set up, the kids were playing and watching "Foofies" (that's "movies" in Noah's language.)

We started by rolling out the dough. Lydia was such a big helper!

"Do you want a taste mommy?"

Then it was time to make the cut-outs. Noah was a little hesitant at first about helping, but once he saw that he could do it all by himself he immediately jumped onto the counter to help.

He did such a great job making those perfect heart shapes!

Lydia even got her hands into the shape-making :)

So here they were! All ready for the frosting and decorating to start! "Where is that frosting Grandma? Let Noah do it!"

He thought that the mixer was a helicopter, so of course he wanted to help make the frosting.

He did pretty well at the frosting part, but if we left it up to him to do frost the whole cookie, we would have been there for hours.

So we decided that we would frost, and let him be the sprinkle master! However, if we didn't keep a close eye on his skills, the cookies ended up getting covered with piles of sprinkles. I think a lot of the sprinkles ended up all over the kitchen floor too! Especially when he spilled a whole bottle of the sprinkles. I told my mom that she was going to be cleaning up little sprinkles for days :)

Now comes the best part! Eating these yummy cookies. Noah as some of you may know is very picky about his food, so the only eating he did was licking up all of the sprinkles. His fingers were stained pink and red! It was so cute :)

Oh but I knew my Lydi-bug would eat her cookie! After her birthday cake I figured it would be about the same situation. She was hesitant at first, and just stared at her cookie.

So when I told her that it was ok to just grab it and eat, she immediately picked up that cookie and just smiled! It's almost as if she was saying, "Wow! This is my cookie!"

She then proceeded to eat her cookie, but kept a tight grip on it! I think she was afraid that I would take it away from her.

Here are most of the finished products! Sooooooo Yummmy!

And these were Noah's masterpieces! He did all of the decorating himself. The 2 far left were frosting and all! The other 2 we helped frost, but he did all the sprinkles and candies :)
Happy Valentines Day! We hope that you all cherish and enjoy your loved ones!
Love,
Mathis, Kari, Noah, and Lydia
1 comment:
There is nothing better than frosting sugar cookies with kids. It is a total mess, but you can lick up the mess!
Post a Comment